Monday, February 16, 2009

flashback

I played basketball when I was about 12 years old. I was never really good beyond my natural athleticism. For some reason the spatial orientation of the court and all the people and the ball moving across it were overstimulating for me. I was always sort of spaced out over it and unable to quickly process what was happening. That might explain my shots at the opponent's hoop. I'm still like that. Not the scoring for the other team thing, but visually overstimulated and zoned out. You should see me walking through an unfamiliar grocery store: the artist in visual overload. Anyway, I'm kneeling to the right of my father (far left) and my twin sister, Erin (valentine giver of last posting here) is 2 right of me. That haircut... those shorts... such an awkward time. Love to Dad and Erin and fondness for old memories.

No comments: