Tuesday, January 27, 2009

we're moving...

...actually we left, and now we're just in transit. Errr... waiting for realtors and landlords to decide whether we can live in their buildings. Isn't it strange to be in limbo, hoping someone else will let you live where you've decided to live. Let me just add here that it's been torturous for us to view the various available properties (that we can afford to rent) in Denver. Our design over-sensitivities and aesthetic needs make it tough to accept the poorly layed out, poorly lit and poorly finished spaces. We're pretty committed to living in locally functional communities too and it's hard to have all these factors existing at the same time. So, not only are we gritting our teeth as we view the choices we have, we're feeling the strain of, how shall I say, homelessness? transition.

Other news of note: The CMYK drawings have been scanned! This is a particularly large investment for me, so I'm glad they seem to have turned out looking nice. I will put these images onto flickr the next time we're not running amok looking for apartments and work. Then, I'll link them to here! But for now, here's a smaller version of one of the drawings:
CMYK IV. 2008. colored pencil on paper. 44 x 30 inches. diptych.

Also, some images of the ceramic birds I'm calling, Immigrants.

Aren't these images nice? I only say so because I'd like to point out that they were photographed while in the Mod Fab at Taliesin. The previous post, Mod Fab Only describes our work on the project and eventually I'll show you pictures of the finished building. We stayed there a few nights and I must admit that the time spent there is our final ruination before looking at these apartments in Denver! Such a gorgeous and comfortable space with perfect natural light surrounded by the wild desert of Arizona. I shouldn't describe it too much... I don't want my silly words to demote it in any way!

No comments: