Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MOD FAB ONLY


I haven't been posting... But, I have been working diligently on the project of priority: Mod Fab at Taliesin West. My partner, Christian Butler, is the manager and principal builder for the project with guidance from Michael P. Johnson and solid assistance from Nick Mancusi. In the last few weeks of 2008 and now the first few of 2009, we are working every day to finish it before the January 16 deadline and opening reception. I've been the detailer - all visible finishes: strictly high expectations and fine attention. These last few days I've been caulking seams and corners and finishing details in and out! I feel like I've got magnifying glasses for eyes... I can't seem to go anywhere without noticing the uneven grout lines in tile and gaps between trim pieces! This pictures don't necessarily indicate my own finishing work, but do show what we've been up to in the last few weeks. Christian dug a large portion of this trench through rocky dirt (the waste line, waterline and electrical run through it at varying depths). I actually have spent the last few days helping with the refilling of the trench. Just before dark this evening, wielding a pick-axe, I happily pulled back in the formerly removed rocky dirt. The whole stretch will now serve as the raised walkway to/from the Mod Fab. Christian is now an expert at laying tile. The project had a beautiful donation of tile from Ceramic Tiles of Italy. All for now, my fingers need rest.

No comments: