Monday, February 22, 2010

moda

completion phase!  Here we see the final of the winter dress commissioned by dear Kristan Vaughn!  Kristan, this is a message to you that I'm taking your dress (hostage? no, keeping it.) with no intention of holding up my end of the commission deal...  I'm too in love with this piece to pass it on to you.  As a matter of fact, this may be the most satisfied I've ever felt with a finished couture piece!  Sorry sister....

OK, ok, not really...  I'll be the honest lady that I want to be and sell you this dress as promised.  I'm so lucky to be able to to wear it and photograph it and ...use the pattern to make my very own winter dress!  Only a few changes along the way and really, no notable hang ups after making the mock up jacket (see left).  But seriously, in terms of garment design (draped pattern based on the above drawing and Kristan's measurements) and construction, this is quite a success! 

No comments: