Tuesday, August 5, 2008

going on



F L A G S, my second large project for the summer, is approaching faster than I can blink.... speaking of BLINK, this is a Madison Arts Commission's BLINK Temporary Art Project, sponsored in part by the city of Madison. The T-shirts for this project are all ready to rock thanks to Mr. C. Cal my good friend and good supporter. I had so much fun screen printing the 60 Ts that I blew out my abs and strained my triceps. Actually, it was a lot more fun than that. Craig Grabhorn and Nina Bednarski, the arts duo of Madison are lovely to be around and all of us were found in various parts of the house on Saturday, making art. All this despite the driveway being ripped up beside the house by a kamikaze dozer. Nothing can stop us now.

Other news of note: I just finished making this dress to wear to my friends, Amanda and Brady's wedding. It's styled after my favorite dress of the year bought last spring in Chicago. Perfect dresses don't last forever, so it's always good to have a second one handy.


Finally: this year produced the best garden ever.

1 comment:

Kathleen C. said...

Nice work on placing the pattern of the fabric on the dress! Nice to see you're still sewing, and sewing well.